Friday, April 6, 2012

What a way to start the day

It is amazing how a little comment can ruin your whole entire day.  This morning, I was going over the events of the day for Peyton to get him excited about spending the day with my dad.  As I am finishing up the "wrap up" I say, "you will play all day with Grandpa, then I will come and pick you up..." where I am interrupted by "No... I want daddy to pick me up, not you...." I know this seems like a simple statement, but honestly, I get tired of feeling like the nanny. I do all the cleaning, all the cooking, etc., and my few joys involve spending time with Peyton, and then I hear this?! Really? What have I done wrong that I can't ever be the one that is chosen?

Who does Peyton ride home with after spending all day with me... Daddy.
Who would Peyton rather have pick him up from school - daddy (or granny or grandpa).
Who would Peyton rather play with (other than Sophia) - daddy.

Sometimes I feel like that kid on the playground that is always picked last. For once, I would like to be the cool and popular one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment